re: "at"

I want to start an app at a certain time, say 2 hours from now. For
instance xmms, oowriter or mplayer. I can't make this happen when I use
"at".
When I type a shell-command like "cp" using "at", then it works.
In the documentation I cannot find any limitations of launching apps
with "at". Is it an authorization problem (launching x-based apps?).
On the other hand mplayer won't start either.
I'm aware this is not a typical question for this list, but I don know
where else to put my question.

Peter,

Please, tell us how do you issue the AT command to run mplayer.

(I can run mplayer and openoffice with AT.)
This is the command I issue:
$ at now + 2 minutes
at> mplayer http://livemedia.omroep.nl/radio4-breed?MSWMExt=.asf
Peter.