Re: chmod a-x chmod Fix?

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:33 -0800, David L. Gehrt wrote:
> In fact I would go so far as to say that the sysadmin training is not
> complete until the person has sat in front of a system that is no
> longer functioning perfectly (or at all) due to some ill-advised thing
> they have done.

I learnt a hell of a lot about one of schools personal computers when I
had to fix up whatever someone had done to it to kill it off, in the mid
1980s.  We needed it working later that day, and the only thing to do
was to pour through the manuals (which were quiet poor, I might add).

I read messages from the public lists.