Re: digital camcorder to DVD HOWTO [was: kino, is it working ?]

Florin Andrei wrote:
To convert from DV to DVD, I just use transcode, mjpegtools and
dvdauthor. Here's a transcode/mjpegtools/dvdauthor script that's
compatible with the directory structure created by my dvgrab script.
Run it with the project dir created by the capture script as a
parameter.

 < snip >

Using this method I put all my movies on DVD. Works really well.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Have you seen the videotrans tools
mentioned in an earlier thread?  http://videotrans.sourceforge.net/

It's very similar to what your script does, but is more general
and has scripts to create menus automatically, even animated ones.

I've used it quite a bit lately. It's got a few rough edges, but
overall it's pretty impressive to me.

--Kenny