Re: Ergonomic Keyboards for Linux

On 1/4/06, jack craig <jackc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> funny, microsoft makes crap for code, but they make a descent ergonomic kbd.
>
> i use one at home and work, fyi, jackc...

I second this. Microsoft's Elite Wireless desktop is amazing. It has
very low-pressure keys, similar to what you'd find on a laptop. The
mouse is good, but if you're not careful you will be hitting all those
extra buttons by mistake. Right now I am on an A4 Multimedia Wireless
Desktop. KDE 3.4 recognized the volume and mute buttons, and KDE 3.5
recognises almost all of the others. The scroll wheel pushes down in
the middle, functioning as the middle mouse button (same deal with
Microsoft's Elite mouse).

Note: The Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse advertise 6 months battery
life. I haven't used  them enough to verify this, but my A4 mouse
needs two new AA batteries every week or so. And that's with 2300 mAh
rechargables.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html