Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Kam Leo wrote:
On 12/29/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kam Leo wrote:

On 12/29/05, Dave Stevens <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

and there's fedorafaq.org. not comprehensive but pretty good and as far as I
know everything there is accurate, easy to read, etc.

The problem with all these fedora*.org sites is that some are and some
are not officially affiliated with the main htttp://fedora.redhat.com
site. The fedora marketing droids need to really get the "fedora"
branding straightened out. There are too many of these "fedora*.org"
sites popping up and the ones officially affiliated are not tightly
coupled to the main site.

The only official ones are http://fedora.redhat.com and
http://fedoraproject.org as listed in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites and they are pretty well coupled
together. Rest of the community websites are listed in

for some reason I thought fedoralegacy.org was official.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityWebsites and managing them is not
really a function of "fedora marketing droids".

Isn't "Fedora" trademarked? So shouldn't the marketing droids set the
legal beagles upon the unofficial sites?

If I trademark the letter eff, it doesn't give me rights over words, such as Fedora, which contain it.

Battles have been fought and lost by rich companies complaining about names (or the site contents) they think degrading to their image, names like windowssucks.org and microsoftsucks.org (these do exist, I checked whois, but I've no idea whether anyone's ever complained about these names or sites).

Even Red Hat's claim to the name Fedora hasn't prevented the Fedora Society (which likely predates Red Hat's use of the word).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait