Re: Converting PS and PDF to HTML

--- M Daniel R M <4.mdr.magarzo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El dom, 25-12-2005 a las 10:07 -0800, Antonio
> Olivares escribió:
>

> > There are several choices and for that you are the
> > best one to take a risk.
> >

> > Try pdftohtml from sourceforge.  There are two
> files
> > one tar.gz which you will have to install with
> > $ tar -zxvf pdfto<TAB>
> > $ ./configure
> > $ make
> > # make install
> > or instructions which are .
> > and one for windows[evil empire].

> > Best Regards and Merry Xmas,
> >
> > Antonio
> >

> pfdtohtml rpm package can be found into the "extras"
> repo;
>
> Run "rpm -qli pdftohtml" first, you may have already
> it installed!
>
> If not, you know... either your own by hand or yum
> can do it for you.
>
> Be aware it has several limitations (such as tables,
> etc..)
>
> Copied & pasted:
>
> $ yum info pdftohtml Setting up repositories Reading
> repository metadata
> in from local files
> Installed Packages
> Name   : pdftohtml
> Arch   : i386
> Version: 0.36
> Release: 4
> Size   : 634 k
> Repo   : installed

>  PDFTOHTML converts Portable Document Format (PDF)
> files to HTML
> format. This release converts text and links. Bold
> and italic face are
> preserved, but high level HTML structures ( like
> lists or tables ) are
> not yet generated. Images are ignored ( but you can
> extract them from
> the PDF file using pdfimages, distributed with the
> Xpdf package ).
> The current version is tested on Linux and Solaris
> 2.6
>
> ---
> Regards
>

> --

Thanks for pointing this out.  I did not know that
pdftohtml was avialable through yum in extras
repositories.  Thanks for letting me and other users
know.

I also remembered that if we get the tarball, we do
not need to ./configure, it is not needed we just run
make and no make install. And to test it we run
./pdftohtml filename.pdf and the html files will be
created.

Best Regards,

Antonio