logwatch - need latest version, remove from yum?

logwatch version 5.2 is what is packaged for Fedora, at the dag
archives, and that is the latest one available for Fedora.

That is very old now, and I suspect is related to the numerous
"Unmatched Entries" messages I get in my daily email reports.

At the logwatch web site, I noticed that have many versions posted
after 5.2, they are upto 7.1 now.

So, what would be the best way to handle this?

Remove logwatch using "yum remove" and then do a non-yum install?
But then it means I've to keep track of logwatch myself, and update it manually.

This situation must not be so uncommon, any other options available?
And if anyone has any specific recommendations on the logwatch upgrade
issue, let me know.