Re: Gnome Nautilus Edit>Preference. 1. Default folder view. 2. Searching for files

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:55 +0000, Clive at Rational wrote:
> How do I set up Gnome Nautilus so that for every new folder I create,
> the default behaiour when I open the folder is to open a window that
> have the file hierarchy in the left-hand pane? This make navigation
> and actions on files so, so much easier. The default behaviour of
> Nautilus on my system is to open a new window for each folder link and
> no folder hierarchy can be created in the left-hand pane.

In the Nautilus window, use the "edit" menu to open the "preferences",
go over to the "behaviour" tab, and select the unintuitive "always open
in browser windows" option.

Personally, I find Nautilus to be an extremely primitive, annoying, and
slow, file browser.  It's next to useless as a real file manager.  I'd
recommend finding something else if you want to do a lot of GUI-based
file managing.

I read messages from the public lists.