Re: Please suggest a fedora core 4 compatible wireless card

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 18:40 -0500, Temlakos wrote:

> And thereafter, when you hear of a kernel upgrade, /wait/ until Livna
> has a kernel-module-madwifi package available. Then install the new
> kernel /and/ its associated kernel module. You /should not/ have to
> reconfigure your wireless interface with any new kernel and module pair.
> (Thus far, I've done it at least once, and without a hitch.)

I've done it many times - before it became available in livna, I was
building it from the livna bugzilla src.rpm on one of my wired headless
boxes.

I add "exclude=kernel" to my /etc/yum.conf. Every few weeks or so, I
comment that exclude out - and yum install the latest livna package,
which will grab the matching kernel as dependency. Then I uncomment it
again.