Re: Unofficial FC4.2 released

Tony Nelson writes:

At 3:02 PM -0800 11/16/05, Kam Leo wrote:
On 11/16/05, Kenneth Porter <shiva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--On Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:19 PM +0000 Paul Howarth
<paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just as a FYI, the bittorrent packages in Fedora Extras include
initscripts for running trackers and seeders as services running in the
background.

Awesome! I've been hoping for something that would make serving torrents as
painless as web pages. You just made my day!

I'm still not seeing any seeds or clients for the torrent.  Is anyone able
to download?

Works for me on FC3.  I did a "yum install bittorrent", downloaded the
.torrent file, and typed "btdownloa<TAB> ~/*orre*<TAB>" and away it went.
I don't need it, so I've stopped it now.

Well, I don't know about the packaging of bittorrent in Extras, but with a
plain garden-variety bittorrent, my eztorrent package makes publishing
content over BitTorrent as easy as:

ezt create mytorrents /var/www/html/torrents /var/mytorrents \
        www.example.com 6969

cp file1 file2 file3 /var/mytorrents

ezt start     # Or "ezt restart", if ezt is already running

“ezt start” creates any required .torrent files (in /var/www/html/torrents),
then starts all the required seeders and trackers.  Copy more files into
/var/mytorrents, and run “ezt restart” to create additional .torrent files,
and start the additional seeders without affecting the existing seeders.

With just a little bit more work, “ezt start” can also juggle multiple
trackers, but there's really nothing gained from it.

See http://eztorrent.courier-mta.com