Re: Missing xmms launcher

Tim wrote:
Rex Dieter:

It's there, but is listed as "Audio Player". I always thought that was pretty silly/stupid.

Guy Fraser:

I'll second that.

Thirded...  There's quite a few stupidly named applications in the
menus, such as "text editor".  Which one?  We shouldn't have to hover
and wait over each menu item to figure it out, or worse, run them.  Or
have to figure it out via the icon (which is the only thing that tells
you that "CD Writer" is "X Roast").

These "generic" names have actually been chosen as a matter of policy, the idea being that users unfamiliar with particular applications would be able to easily find a tool for the task they want to do, e.g. play some audio, edit some text, burn a CD. Most newbies wouldn't have a clue what "xmms" was for instance.

Paul.