Re: Missing xmms launcher

At 11:12 AM -0700 11/10/05, Guy Fraser wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-10-11 at 10:21 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Rebecca Jones wrote:
>> > I just recently installed FC4 on my system.  I used yumex to install
>> > xmms.  However, the launcher isn't showing up in my menu.  At first I
>> > thought I was missing a *.desktop file but found
>> > redhat-audio-player.desktop (contents below).
>> > Name=Audio Player
>>
>> > Is there anyway to manually add xmms to this list and the application
>> > menu?
>>
>> It's there, but is listed as "Audio Player".  I always thought that was
>> pretty silly/stupid.
>>
>I'll second that.

ISTM that the comment, at least, could mention XMMS.

    Comment=XMMS plays Ogg Vorbis and other audio files

>Has any one found an applet that can be docked in the panel?

/Anything/ can be docked in a Panel.  Right-click on a bare spot of the
panel, choose "Add to Panel...", choose "Custom Application Launcher", and
fill it in.  Some experimentation may be required, and you have to know how
to run the thing from the command line.

For example, I made a replacement that way for the right-click-desktop menu
Open Terminal.  Here is the resulting file (not easy to find):

[tonyn@localhost ~]$ cat .gnome2/panel2.d/default/launchers/curly-009b1a144c.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Exec=gnome-terminal --geometry 120x40
TryExec=
X-GNOME-DocPath=gnome-terminal/index.html
Terminal=false
Icon=gnome-term.png
Name[en_US]=Terminal 120x40
GenericName[en_US]=