Re: [Fedora] Re: Dual Port Ethernet

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Yes, both ports appear as independent eth devices. All else wouldn't
make much sense ;)

What I meant was, can I configure each port for a completely different network (say a public and private LAN), or do both have to be on the same network (for trunking/bonding purposes.)

You can configure them however you want. I have boxes with as many as 7 interfaces with most of them on dual port cards. The only problems I have ever had have been motherboard related (some old motherboards can get cranky with lots of cards plugged in and can refuse to 'see' some ports at all) not OS related.

--
Benjamin Franz

The designer of a new kind of system must participate fully in the implementation.

                                                         - Donald E. Knuth