OT - Digital Munich?

Just wondering if anyone has comments on Senator Coleman's "Digital
Munich" article in the Wall Street Journal.
online.wsj.com/article_email/SB113133007519089738-lMyQjAxMDE1MzAxNzMwMzcwWj.html

The link is to an "emailable" version of the article. But most of the
WSJ is subscription only. Just in case, I include a couple of excerpts
from the article:

Disclaimer: I do not endorse Senator Coleman's opinion.

"It sounds like a Tom Clancy plot. An anonymous group of international
technocrats holds secretive meetings in Geneva. Their cover story:
devising a blueprint to help the developing world more fully participate
in the digital revolution. Their real mission: strategizing to take over
management of the Internet from the U.S. and enable the United Nations
to dominate and politicize the World Wide Web. Does it sound too bizarre
to be true? Regrettably, much of what emanates these days from the U.N.
does."

"The threat is posed by the U.N.-sponsored World Summit on the
Information Society taking place later this month in Tunisia. At the
WSIS preparatory meeting weeks ago, it became apparent that the agenda
had been transformed. Instead of discussing how to place $100 laptops in
the hands of the world's children, the delegates schemed to transfer
Internet control into the hands of intrigue-plagued bureaucracies.

The low point of that planning session was the European Union's shameful
endorsement of a plan favored by China, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Cuba that
would terminate the historic U.S. role in Internet government oversight,
relegate both private enterprise and non-governmental organizations to
the sidelines, and place a U.N.-dominated group in charge of the
Internet's operation and future. The EU's declaration was a "political
coup," according to London's Guardian newspaper, which predicted that
once the world's governments awarded themselves control of the Internet,
the U.S. would be able to do little but acquiesce.

I disagree. Such acquiescence would amount to appeasement. We cannot
allow Tunis to become a digital Munich."