Re: WiSH X10 Device Drivers?

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 01:00, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>Chris Spencer wrote:
>> I noticed the WiSH drivers for X10 home automation devices
>> (http://wish.sourceforge.net) don't appear to be normally included in
>> any distributions, including Fedora. Is there a reason for this? Is
>> WiSH still too immature, or are X10 devices too exotic to include
>> support for? What's the general procedure on getting device drivers
>> included in Fedora?
>>
>> Chris
>
>If it doesnt require patches and is a standalone software, you can
>package it in Fedora Extras
>
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras
>
>If it requires patches, encourage the developers to submit it  and get
>it included in the upstream project. For the kernel the procedure is
>documented in

I've been using 'heyu' with 'xtend' for years.  One can write some
pretty sofisticated programs with them.  I change my configuration on
how the exterior lights are controlled 3 times a day.  This stuff is
all standalone, needing only the support for your serial ports in the
kernel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)