Re: SmartLink Modem Family Woes (Snap Snap)

Claude Jones wrote:

On Sat October 29 2005 9:11 pm, taharka wrote:
I use Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. modems exclusively & their USB modems
were external winmodems with a Lucent chip set. Multi-Tech also makes
internal/external modems that are Linux/Unix certified. Maybe this is
the one that escapes you ;-)
Yes, I remember your recommending these earlier. I actually went and priced them, but I found them pretty pricey, and couldn't find any discounts. The ones I mentioned were the result of price as well as results shopping. The USR 5610B is about $10-15 less than the Multi-tech internal, if I remember correctly. The Zoom and Trendnet modems are far less - I think I paid around $35 for the Trendnet and about $56 for the Zoom.
When you buy Multi-Tech products, you're paying for quality. Their products are built in Mounds View, MN on state of the art Fuji pick and place equipment. Each product comes with free life time technical support via toll free number/email/fax back system. Multi-Tech modems control the traffic signals to the on ramps of California's Freeways. Multi-Tech also invented the VOIP & still holds the patent rights to it. The next time you see armored car personel refilling an ATM machine, ask them what brand of modem is in it ;-) About the best deal you'll get on a Multi-Tech modem, is through "Modem Express". They are a few miles west of the Mounds View plant in Plymouth, MN. Website is; modemexpress.com

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.