Re: Best VPN server to use on Fedora

On 10/27/05, Michael H. Warfield <mhw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 07:49 -0400, Leonard Isham wrote:
> > On 10/27/05, Rick Lim <ricklim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are correct that this is when it became obvious that MS VPN had
problems.  The other issue I have is their poor coding results in many
vunerabilities in all there products.  While I don't follow it closely
to know what fixes have been released.  As for IPSec I agree with
Bruce Schneier. ( I copied the quote directly from
http://www.sans.org/rr/whitepapers/vpns/1459.php, ut the original
source is http://www.schneier.com/paper-ipsec.pdf)

We strongly discourage the use of IPSec in its
current form for protection of any kind of valuable
information …… however, we …. recommend IPSec
when the alternative is an insecure network.

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.