Re: best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 02:19 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:

On the other hand, DVD's are intended to start with a menu so for the
majority of people I think xine is more on track regarding DVD
playing.

I think this is the worst aspect of DVDs.

When I play a music disc, I want to hear the music.  I put it in and
press play, it plays the music.
DVD players should work the same way:  Put it in, press play, the movie
begins.  I've got a menu button on my player *should* I want to do
something else (like sit through several minutes of animated menus, one
after another, several copyright warnings in different languages, and
three film company brag clips, etc).

Customer demands for these features on DVD's is the issue. I don't like the DVD's that have all the ad's that cannot be skipped but then I use the time to get the popcorn and do other things (someone mention beer :) ) that allow me to just sit and enjoy. Isn't this what most people do during the commercials?

--
Robin Laing