Re: Good DVD Player

OK, the ample file (*.exe) is a self extracting zipped archive. It has got .wav=3017kb and another  .wma=143kb file packed.
I have tried many other multichannel files available for download but they are music files whereas the sample file is a test files identifying individual channel content with individual speaker.
I do not wish to load list-archive with a 500+ Kb attachment and suggest U to kindly unzip the sample file, please use "wine" if U can. I may email the file to U directly if required/permitted.
Thanks again.

On 10/20/05, Joel Jaeggli <joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:

> Thanks Joel,
> I do have a 6 channel capable sound card and is covered by ALSA HCL, I have
> read (may be more is required) on ALSA, I have installed necessary software,
> but 6 channel output is not a success.
> I use KDE and kmix does show 6ch ( 6 channel output) option; but the sample
> < http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediatech40/Utility/1.0/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/6channel.exe>files

The sample file is an exe? if you want a reasonable sample, try a dvd with
a dolby digital or dts soundtrack.