Re: Good DVD Player

Thanks Joel,

I do have a 6 channel capable sound card and is covered by ALSA HCL, I have read (may be more is required) on ALSA, I have installed necessary software, but 6 channel output is not a success.
 I use KDE and kmix does show 6ch ( 6 channel output) option; but the sample files do not play correctly only on Linux platform. This means that the output is going to individual speakers but not to all 6 turn by turn (as the sample file is designed) and also not to the designated speaker.

Can you please confirm if the sample file plays correctly for you.

Thanks in advance.

On 10/20/05, Joel Jaeggli <joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Can u readily suggest a few lists where I may post this. Actually I have
> trying to read/google various archives and other stuff on this issue but no
> luck. Aim is to find a suitable discussion forum on this matter.

Plenty of sound cards support 6 channel output via alsa...

the alsa project and it's mailing lists is the best place to look for info
on sound chipsets.

http://www.alsa-project.org/

there's really not that much to it. after selecting a reasonable card (say
something based on the emu10k2 like the soundblaster audigy) you just need
an accomidating dvd playback app, vlc xine and mplayer can all do it, and
then you're done.