Re: gnomad2 in Extras and works!

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Jim Cornette writes:

PS - Loading my mp3 player with music was my last home use need for windows. Thanks to the gnome2 project team and inclusion into Fedora Extras.

Your words of praise are nice to hear, but will have very little lasting effect here, by themselves.

If you'd like to -- perhaps -- make a small difference, in some kind of way, what you should do is rephrase slightly your original message, and send it off to some PR, or sales & marketing address you grabbed from Creative's web site.

The rephrased version of your original message should thank Creative for releasing the specs of their hardware and making them open, making it possible for such good, high quality software to be written to the benefit of consumers such as yourself.

Of course, they've done no such thing. But that won't be the point of your message.

It does seem strange for a company that intended on producing multimedia computers and an OS for it have not created their multimedia OS. Why the company does not have software that works for other OS versions except Microsoft is a surprise to me. I would like to be able to encode and play in lossless or ogg format with the player instead of having a limit for mp3 or wma.

For encoding music, I think grip is better suited for my preferences instead of Sound juicer. Sound juicer doesn't work with the mp3 plugins using rawhide. Grip on the other hand works well with the plugins and seems to rip discs a little quicker and also does not make directories with spaces, as Sound juicer does.

I'll send my "thanks" to Creative shortly.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.