Re: system lock up

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:53 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> Do the Math to Get Your PC All the Power It Needs
> http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,119585,pg,2,00.asp

Hmm, and mine does so well with its 90 Watt supply whereas their list
suggests I need around 210 Watts...  I find the power needs of some
computer parts to be a bit over-the-top, likewise with the amount of
heat some things generate and don't adequately dissipate.  Design
doesn't appear to be too fantastic in a lot of cases (whoever decided
that PCI cards should be upside down with the hottest parts underneath
ought to be flogged).

It really would help if manufacturers put their power requirements on
their parts.

I read messages from the public lists.