cdrecord locks up pc

I have upgraded from FC1 to FC4 and now when I attempt to use the cdrw to
burn, the system locks up after about a minute or so.  I usually use K3B (
which it's another issue in itself). Simply put, I type my line, eg:
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=8 -dao somefiel.iso.
It starts as usual, I see the drive light blink fast and after a few
seconds it blinks slowly and the HD light is on constantly.  After time
pases then it locks up and have to reboot.

I've been searching in the list for prior messages but didn't come accross
something similar.

Any ideas of what's wrong?  Thanks in advance

Ruben

http://mail.yahoo.com