Re: Doesn't anyone run KSH?

larry s wrote:
> Thanks all.  But I understand that pdksh has the
> option and reak ksh doesn't.  I just can't find any documentaion that the
> shell was changed or why.  I know I used the option on all previous
> versions of FC/redhat (and had the pdksh).

FC3: pdksh-5.2.14-30.i386.rpm

FC4: ksh-20050202-1.i386.rpm

It looks like FC4 has "real" ksh.  I'd suggest filing a bug against the
new ksh because of the loss of functionality.

> Why would Fedora group change this without any
> Googleable traces?

I would guess that it should be in the release notes, but it doesn't
appear that any list of packages added or removed made it.  I'd suggest
filing a RFE to get the lists added at least to the online version of the
release notes.

--
William Hooper