Re: ELF Binary Stripper?

Mike McCarty said:
> One *known* effect (not a side effect) is that the binary you execute is
> not the binary which went through QA.

So that brings up a good point to me: Why doesn't Red Hat just distribute
already-prelinked binaries? Would it be overly difficult to get their build
system to do this? That way, the user would get the benefits of having their
system prelinked and they would nothave to worry about modified program
binaries or other malicious side effects (such as drastically increasing the
system load while the user may be working on important tasks and needs no
such distraction).

Just chiming in with my few cents here...

--Peter