Re: ELF Binary Stripper?

Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 14:02 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Also agreed. I posted a brief message. Apparently, more details of the
percieved problem were needed by some at RH, so I provided some.

RH, if you ever listen to your users, you should listen now.

People don't like their systems being taken over by software
and not know what that software is doing or why, and looking
for docs and finding that their systems are being brought to their
knees in order to make them "faster".

Don't criticize your users for wanting to be in control of their
own machines.

----
there is too much traffic and too few people from Red Hat monitoring
this list so the appropriate place for comments/enhancements and of
course problems is always going to be bugzilla where you know it has to
be read by someone and if you post the bugzilla link to this list, you
might get others who agree to chime in as well.

But I was responding to Ulrich Drepper, who has in his sig that he
represents RH. He criticized me for criticizing prelink.

When this was RHL, the operative phrase was always...it's not a bug if
it isn't in bugzilla

That amounts to a definition of the word "bug". But I don't use
that word. I use the word "defect". And defective software is
just that, defective.

Hi there, Craig! Nice to see you! How are things over at CentOS?

[big evil grin!]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.