Re: iptables script migration from Red Hat 9 To Fedora Core 4

--On Monday, October 10, 2005 8:11 PM -0400 Robert L Cochran <cochranb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have an iptables script that works well under the Red Hat 9 version of
iptables, but which does not seem to work under the Fedora Core 4
version. For example, the script defines the external DNS server for my
ISP, and when I run it, I get messages that various external servers were
not found, e.g.

" 'server.myisp.net' not found"

What's the source of the script? If hand-coded, then consulting with the netfilter/iptables people might be called for, to see what changed from the old package to the new. You might want to put the script on a web page for people to inspect.