iptables script migration from Red Hat 9 To Fedora Core 4

I'm working towards replacing an old firewall box with a new one. The old box runs Red Hat Linux 9. I have an iptables script that works well under the Red Hat 9 version of iptables, but which does not seem to work under the Fedora Core 4 version. For example, the script defines the external DNS server for my ISP, and when I run it, I get messages that various external servers were not found, e.g.

" 'server.myisp.net' not found"

which indicates DNS failures which in turn indicate there is some sort of firewall scripting problem I am hitting.

It could be that my network card (eth1) is bad. I've replaced it and get the same error messages. Also there is no connectivity when I try to bring up a web site using the new router box. It could be that current versions of iptables work differently than in Red Hat 9, which I realize is an ancient, unsupported OS.

Is there a resource anywhere devoted to using Fedora Core 4 for firewalling and routing? With something of a tutorial, since I obviously need one?

Thanks

Bob Cochran