Re: stability help needed

Andy,

I will try and reproduce the issue with log details. I had to get a heatsink
replaced on the Northbridge on that box so it will be a day or so before I
can finish the test.

The 'emerency terminal' is the term mode available from the standard
graphical boot (described on screen as an emergency access tool). I have
installed several times on this box for testing in different modes and with
different variations of RH4 or Fedora. In each case the errors only show up
when using X, but since that is what I want to do on this box that is a bit
moot.

Since the error is only happening in a regular X session (terminal window or
GUI wrapped yum), I have to assume it is likely a driver issue on the
display adaptor.

The error appears to be an actual segment fault thrown by yum as it runs - I
will cut the message as soon as I can. The logs are not helpful (to me) at
all in this case since they just show the end of the session, not a
meaningful error. I am guessing this is one of those 'if I had not died I
could have written the errror' situations.

Thanks for the pointers - I will gather some more error codes and see what I
can find.

Yours,

Cecil