Re: stability help needed

Cecil Thornhill wrote:

> My results under RH WS and FC4 have been similar - the system installs
> with no issue and does run with no issues I can see related to SE. My

Well that is encouraging then.  Hardware problems are usually a lot less
staying in their cage than showing normal stability.

> trouble is that any time I go to update the system in an X terminal
> window or via a GUI it has a seg fault. I finaly decided (after testing
> several installs) to try a default FC4 install then go into the
> emergency term to use YUM and do the post install update. That worked

What is an "emergency term"?  The text consoles from Ctrl-Alt-F1-6?
What exactly threw the segfault when you tried to do a yum on a
graphical terminal?

> fine - so I now suspect the issue is related to X or some interaction

You can't really get to that conclusion from what you have written.  If
you still have a box in a state that exhibits the problem, please
recreate the problem and cut and paste the exception.  Was it really a
segfault, or a python backtrace?

-Andy