Re: Core 4 Kernel Panic at Install

But an error has to occur if you pass the installer an unrecognized
command. To be precise: do not tell him "linux garbage", but "garbage"
or "foobar".

Oh, I misunderstood. I was passing linux garbage. I'll try it again with jsut garbage.

"linux nofb" would be useful or even necessary if there is a problem
with the framebuffer mode the installer runs with and your graphics
card. Your problem description sounds more like the other problem. As an
alternate you could too try starting with a text install, to exclude
graphical problems.

I was thinking there might be  a problem with the graphics because I  wasn't getting the background logo. I'll even try a text install. I didn't try that last night. I kept trying a gui with nofb.

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom