Re: stability help needed

Hi and welcome to the dark side ;)

You might take into account to not post in html in any linux related mailings
as this is considered anoying.

And while you're here a word of advice... Please create a user account and use
that for regular use, the root account is only to be used for performing
system maintenance.  In fact you should disable root login in X.  When you
need to do maintenance, do a su -c 'command' where command is the command
needed, or many Fedora delivered maintenance tools can be ran from a normal
user and it will ask you for the root password.

Next, after you get the segfault, fire up the system-logviewer or if that's
not available, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to open up a standard terminal session (not
X) login there and go to the /var/log directory

do a tail messages and look for anything odd
if you suspect it be related to SE, do a tail secure
And lastly, do a tailXorg.0.log

These logfiles might give you a clue as to the cause.

Once you are done there, press CTRL+ALT+F7 to return to X

HTH

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to Radio Stream

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/