Re: mail setup recommendation

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
my setup is similar.

i entered in /etc/main.cf the following for virtual-support:
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

make sure, alias_maps is like this in the same file:
alias_maps =

...in this case, you don't need to support /etc/postfix/aliases, you have
to insert your users in /etc/postfix/virtual instead.

so, a user in /etc/postfix/virtual looks like:

mydomain.net                        anything
roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  roger

have a look at the first line: gwch.net ist my domainname, i tell there
postfix to accept anything for this domain
the second line is my mailbox (which should usually be a unix-user,
related to shadow-accounts, but i use mysql for authentication)

if you have a further domain, e.g test just add:

test.net                        anything
email@xxxxxxxx                  mailbox-username

now, you can put anything you want for the e-mail-adress, but a user in
unix has to be present.

Ok got this one down, so I do need unix users present, thats ok :)

btw. don't forget to '/usr/sbin/postmap virtual' to create the virtual db.

What does this command do? Should I use this command everytime I add new virtual users in /etc/postfix/virtual ?

is it what you where looking for?
HTH
Roger

I belive it is, thanks :)