Re: FC4 Application Updates

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 18:31 -0400, rockabilly27@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello users.  I'm a noob in the world of Linux...so I need a few
> pointers.  At the moment, I want to install FC4 into a laptop or a
> desktop.  I successfully installed RH9 before but my problem is that, I
> need to update the software.  It would be easy to do if I had direct
> internet connection to my laptop/desktop.  So the question of the day
> is:
>
> How do I update most/if not all of the FC4 software that I installed
> (when I don't have direct connection to the internet)?
>
> I mean, there's YUM (this application should be able to update my new
> FC4 system) but this requires internet connection right?
>
> Is there a way?  I don't want to download the updates one at a
> time...run it in the new FC4 system...then do the cycle again and
> again....it's going to be a pain...

You could try out the Unofficial FC4.1 respin images. Those contain
all updates up until 14'th Sept. It would save you a lot of updating,
but there have been a few big (many MB) ones since too.

http://fedora.isphuset.no

Those images are only suitable for a fresh install btw, not upgrade.

How to keep it updated later? Dunno, but at this point most of the
really bad bugs should be gone, and mostly internet-security fixes
are what I'd expect. I don't think you'd miss them unless you actually
hit a bug yourself.

-HK