Re: Mounting windows at startup

Tim:

>> The /dev/hda1 bit is the hardware location, you won't be able to
>> "browse" that directly.

THUFIR HAWAT:

> How do I know that /dev/hda1 is the windows partition?

I was assuming that fstab was written correctly, and that you were just
trying to access the drive incorrectly.

> If my fstab is in error about the partitions, just on that last line
> for the vfat partition location, will it have side effects?

It's options were set to mount it read-only, so you shouldn't be able to
do any harm if you've mounted the wrong partition.

As root, type in the following command line, and it'll list the
partitions on your system.  If it's not /dev/hda1, you can try the
others it lists.  (That's a small letter L after the dash, not a number
one).

e.g. fdisk -l

I read messages from the public lists.