Re: Crash crash crash, FireFox unhappy

Andy Pieters wrote:
> I am having a problem with FireFox, latest stable release (not deerpark alpha)
>
> It almost almost crashes whenever I close a window, be it a popup or a
> messagebox.  Reinstalling the rpm from scratch didn't solve the problem as
> does disabeling all the extensions.

Could always be memory errors, but that sounds unlikely. It's more
likely to be a library error somewhere.

The following command line will take a while to run, but will report
every modified file (from an RPM) on the system. This is only going to
be a guide.

# rpm -qa | xargs rpm -V | fgrep -v ....... | less

You may find it a good idea to run /etc/cron.daily/prelink first: it
will make sure that the prelink status of the system is consistent.

Note that on a normal system, you *will* have changed files. They'll
normally be in /etc (or maybe /boot).

If you find a file that you think is suspect, you can
rpm -qf /path/to/file
to find the RPM, and rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs to reinstall them. (You may
need --oldpackage too).

> Your humble servant
Been a while since I saw that sign-off!

James.
--
E-mail address: james | They say that every cloud has a silver lining, which
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | must be a bit alarming for airline pilots...