Re: Kmail certificate

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 11:48 -0600, kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 11:42, Andy Green wrote:
> > > - The ip address changed and the error is innocent because
> > > dataintellect.com is either too cheap or too dumb to update certificate
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > - The machine you think is pop3.dataintellect.com isn't that computer at
> > > all and you have no reason to trust the machine called
> > > pop3.dataintellect.com at all.
> >
> > Or perhaps somebody supplied a 1.2.3.4 IP address and not the DNS name in
> > their kmail config?
> >
> > -Andy
>
> Where in the settings do I setup the dns name?
----
I think Andy was suggesting a possibility but I don't think that it's
very possible.

Start Kmail -> Settings -> Configure Kmail -> Accounts -> Host

Host is either a name or an ip address. Andy is suggesting that you
might have an ip address in the configuration that is an alternate ip
address for the same machine and NOT the ip address listed in the
certificate - hence the cause for the alert.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that you have pop3.dataintellect.com in
the 'Host' section

Craig