Re: Confused about tcp_wrappers and sshd

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, barophobia wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to install DenyHosts (http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/)
and it says I need to have sshd compiled with tcp_wrappers. I did the
test that the site gives
(http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/ssh_config.html) to determine if
sshd has been compiled with tcp_wrappers but the test failed so I
guess it hasn't.

I'm using FC3 with updated RPM's (from the FC3 updated repository).

Here is some (possibly) important output:

[root@hachiroku /etc]# rpm -qa|grep -i wrap
tcp_wrappers-7.6-37.2
[root@hachiroku /etc]# rpm -qa|grep -i ssh
openssh-clients-3.9p1-8.0.2
openssh-3.9p1-8.0.2
openssh-server-3.9p1-8.0.2
[root@hachiroku /etc]#

So obviously I have openssh installed as well as tcp_wrappers... but
it doesn't seem that they are working in conjuction. How do I get sshd
to be compiled with tcp_wrappers?

What a co-incedence, you must be a slashdot reader cuz I just installed that too.
Indeed you have all the nessessary tools.
I decided to run it as a daemon. If you do then be sure to set the environment variables properly in the config file.