Re: [AMD64 - FC4-64] SMP causes keyboard trouble

Louis Lagendijk wrote:

I have been experimenting with USB legacy and with PS2 versus USB and the result is:

1. PS2 keyboard in combination with SMP gives the same result, it just takes longer to happen. 2. disabling USB legacy results in the BIOS not recognizing any keyboard. It does recognize the mouse even though both keyboard and mouse are wireless and thus connected through the same USB device. 3. Only the UP-kernel is trouble free (as far as USB/PS2 keyboard is concerned).

I have also found a bug that describes my problem (more or less) so I added comments to it:

 Bug 154539 processed: Kernel 2.6.11-1.14 & 2.6.11-1.27 break USB
 mouse/keyboard.

There is another bug-report (162865) that may apply as weel: there is a
bug in the combination dual core processor + power now. Check the latest
kernel from testing. That fixed my problems on my AMD64 X2.....
Louis
Thanks for the hint. I had already updated to 2.6.13, so I executed the suggested statements including kudzu. However, after rebooting in the smp kernel, after a while the OS stops responding to the keyboard. This is a change from the old situation, where the OS would repeat the last key extremely fast, rendering the keyboard useless too.

Bottomline though is: it doesn't work yet.
Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,