Re: [AMD64 - FC4-64] SMP causes keyboard trouble

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 11:51 +0200, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> Steve Underwood wrote:
>
> > After posting what I wrote earlier, I thought I would have another
> > look at the Tyan website. They now have a BIOS which does allow USB
> > legacy to be turned off. This is version 1.16. Their notes don't
> > mention this change, but after installing it I found the new option. I
> > have been using a PS/2 keyboard for the past few hours with no errors.
> > This is looking good. I suggest you try it. :-)
> >
> > Steve
> >
> I have been experimenting with USB legacy and with PS2 versus USB and
> the result is:
>
> 1. PS2 keyboard in combination with SMP gives the same result, it just
> takes longer to happen.
> 2. disabling USB legacy results in the BIOS not recognizing any
> keyboard. It does recognize the mouse even though both keyboard and
> mouse are wireless and thus connected through the same USB device.
> 3. Only the UP-kernel is trouble free (as far as USB/PS2 keyboard is
> concerned).
>
> I have also found a bug that describes my problem (more or less) so I
> added comments to it:
>

>   Bug 154539 processed: Kernel 2.6.11-1.14 & 2.6.11-1.27 break USB
>   mouse/keyboard.

There is another bug-report (162865) that may apply as weel: there is a
bug in the combination dual core processor + power now. Check the latest
kernel from testing. That fixed my problems on my AMD64 X2.....
Louis

--
Louis Lagendijk <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>