rpmbuild w. 8GB file

I'm trying to rpmbuild a dataset with an 8GB file.  (This is on
FC4/x86_64.)  It takes a very long time (estimate 30 minutes) and
rpmbuild finally errors with a zegv.

If I trim the file down to a few hundred megs the rpmbuild works just
fine.  Does rpmbuild have an unstated max files size that isn't
offset_t?

BTW. How does one find the sources for something like rpmbuild?  I'm
used to the BSD tree where I can just say "locate rpmbuild" and with
any luck the source tree would be one of the hits.

-wolfgang
      Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.