Re: Fedora Rant #3 - why are the sound controls so weird?

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 19:00 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> In what way does it "configure" your card?

Last time I tried it, it found the card, and do whatever was needed
behind the scenes for other things to be able to use sound, with no
further configuring required.  Afterwards, media players played audio
files, and so on.

If that didn't work for you, perhaps you have one of those annoying
sound cards that don't work well with Linux.  :-\

I read messages from the public lists.