RE: username and password for downloading FC4

Claude,

I think that he has tried connecting to one of the FTP servers with his
download manager (DLM) and whereas a browser will supply the right
credentials, his DLM isn't.

I'd either do what you said and go via one of the http mirrors, or, I'd try
the defaul anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and anonymous.  That sometimes works on
FTP servers via my DLM

Regards

Chris