Re: Logging out changes screen resolution.

Hi all !
Thanks very much Aaron for your advices, I realy appreciate your respons to my problem.

Well, now I have done some testing on my machine, and I have change the driver for my graficcard to a VESA-driver instead off the S3VIRGE-driver. To see what happends.
And YES !!!
Now it works allright when I logout of KDE and X into runlevel 3, there is no "colorsallad" anymore.
Instead there is a normal terminal, that I can use, as supposed to.

But, now I use the VESA-driver instead off the S3VIRGE-driver, that I supposed to have.
How can I get the S3VIRGE-driver to work for my graficcard ?
What is the differenses between the VESA-driver and the S3VIRGE-driver ?
Why is the VESA-driver working and not the S3VIRGE-driver ?

Thanks very much !!!

Philip Moller
Sweden