Re: disabling file:///home/user viewing in apache on fc3

> On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 10:09 +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:
> > Sorry  I did not remember all the settings as I was more worried about
> > my servers which are accessible through Internet.

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread very closely, but the
subject line just jumped out at me: "disabling file:///home/user viewing
in apache on fc3". Erm ... Apache is an http server. The URLs you are
discussing have file:// as the protocol. Apache plays no part in that.
When you use the "file://" protocol your browser is reading the
filesystem directly. Therefore there is no danger that someone could
access those parts of your filesystem from the internet via Apache
unless you had specifically authorised that in your httpd.conf, either
via setting a foolish DocumentRoot or by enabling UserDir.

Sorry if that's already been pointed out.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com