Re: Mail being silently bounced after turning on SMTP authentication?

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 14:07 -0500, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 13:37, Paul Howarth wrote:
>

> > > Spamassassin does not reject messages, it will only analyze
> > > them and then pass them through.
> >
> > It can reject them if you use a milter, e.g. spamass-milter in
> > Extras.
> >

> Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it the milter which
> deletes the messages and not spamassassin.  I remember from quite
> some time ago that the developers of spamassassin expressed the
> opinion that it'll be a very cold day in hell when spamassassin
> ever deletes a message.

Well strictly speaking it is sendmail that *rejects* the message, after
being told to by the milter, which bases its decision on the spam score
from spamassassin. You can actually configure the milter to deliver the
message to a "spam" recipient (e.g. a special mailbox set aside for that
purpoae) even if the message is to be rejected, because of course the
message has to be received in full in order for spamassassin to make its
assessment.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>