Re: OT: vulnerability scanner

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 15:25, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> Thank you, I have looked at Nessus however from what I can tell it
> does not do vulnerability scanning like tara, for instance: checking
> permissions on .rhosts files, looking for world writable system
> directories ....

Ah!  nessus can be used to scan systems on the network and report on
those ports and services that it finds and the potential for those
services having a vulnerability that can be exploited.

What you want is more like cops, tiger, or check.pl.  Those you run on
the target system and they will report things like possible permission
problems or configuration issues.

Check this link for more info on all of these

http://linux4biz.net/articles/articlescanner.htm