Re: can mountting ntfs in fedora

Steven Stern wrote:
bambang sugiharto wrote:

hallo friends!
I installing fedora core in my home, but I can't mounting the ntfs in fedora. how mounting ntfs in fedora core?

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora4.html

I have  found that mounting NTFS is unreliable even for
read-only access. I have used two (2) different versions
of Linux to mount/read an NTFS partition, and copied
significant amounts of data (a few gig) from that partition
to a mounted FAT32 (vfat) partition on another disc. Each time,
some of the information got munged. I have yet to have a
verifiable copy. Some file names changed case of some of the
letters, and some of the file names wound up with unusual
characters in them, like 0xC1 and 0xE1, which I can verify
were not in the file names when read by NT 4.0 service pack 6.

My opinion: NTFS and Linux do not (yet) mix.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.