Re: Sendmail user mail file missing - Again

David Niemi wrote:
Thanks for the tips, I tried it an the user still doesn't receive the
messages from the cron jobs via aliases.  Yes, I did verify that the
name to receive the root email is correct and I did run newaliases.

I created another user and for this user the mail file was automatically
created when the user was created.

Any other ideas?

Is there a .procmailrc file in the home directory of the "problem" user? If so, what does it contain?

There is no .procmailrc file in the home directory (/home/daven) of the
user, nor is there in the FC3 backup of the user folder.  Once the user
was created and I was finally able to log in I only copied over the user
files and the .evolution and the .mozilla directories. I was leary of
copying anything else forward unless I found I needed it.

Run this command:

$ Mail -s "test message" root < /etc/fedora-release

Wait a few seconds, then look at the end of /var/log/maillog to see what happened to the message.

Paul.