Dia - Latex/Lyx - fonts - help ;)

Fedora Core 4
I used dia to create a diagram. First time using dia, neat program.

When I export to .tex and add the stuff to preamble and raw tex to
include figure, and view in DVI it sort of works - but the diagram is
all screwed up (objects not where they are suppose to be) and there is
no text.

I'll figure that out later (I want to use tex math commands in the
figure- exporting to tex makes that easier, allegedly).

For now I'll just export to .eps

For my font I'm using a Helvetica font, purchased from myfonts.com
It is a ttf font.

When I export to eps using pango, the font doesn't look so good, looks
like poor scale job.
When I export to eps using Postscript Latin-1 - the font looks great but
is not Helvetica.

I'm assuming that is because I only have the ttf version of Helvetica.
myfonts.com also sells a windows PS version if the font - but before I
buy it, is that what the problem is? Secondly, where would I put the
font so that it would be found by the dia export to eps? Thirdly, could
that also be why the text isn't even there when I export from dia to
pstricks and then include it?

I'm not finding that info in the dia FAQ or documentation (gnome help
and gnome website)
Thanks to anyone who knows.